35 Interesting Facts About Germany
Germany is a developed country and tuition-free university provides education. With these 45 interesting facts about Germany, let’s check out more about the world’s third largest exporter and importer of goods.
- A third of the country is still surrounded by forests and woodlands.
2. The world’s first printed book was printed in German.
3. Germany is the most populous country with 81 million population in the European Union.
4.Germany’s Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft is the biggest word to be published. This word is 79 letters bigger.
5. Here is Berlin’s largest train station in Europe.
6. Berlin is 9 times larger than Paris and more than Venice Bridge is in Berlin.
7. The cities given below have also become the capital of the country: Aachen, Regensburg, Frankfurt-M-in, Nuremberg, Berlin, Weimar, Bonn and Berlin.
8. Germany is one of the world’s most visited countries – where more than 94,000 books are published every year.
9. The world’s first magazine was launched in 1663 in Germany.
10. Germany was the first country to adopt DST (Daylight Saving Time or Summer Time). In 1916, it came into circulation in the middle of World War I
11. There is no speed limit on Germany’s 65% highway.
12. German language is the third most spoken language in the world.
13. Most people in Europe also speak German.
14. German is the official language of Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.
15. College in Germany is free for everyone. (But also for those who do not have a German)
16. There are some 35 bids in the German language.
17. Germany is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.
18. There are more than 300 zoos in Germany, which is the highest in any other country.
19. There are more than 1000 types of sauces in Germany.
20. In Bavaria, officially beer is considered as food.
21. There are 300 different types of bread in Germany.
22. Smoking in public places in Germany is prohibited but you can still drink alcohol in public places.
23. After Irish, the German people consume most beer, Germany is second in the list of countries with the most beer consumption.
24. The world’s largest beer festival is Octoberfofst which is organized in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The size of the beer glass here is not 500 ml but the total is 1 liters.
25. You have to show one of your thumb in Germany to take 1 beer. If you showed your first finger, it would mean that you need 2 beers.
26. Most football fan clubs are in Germany only than any other country in the world.
27. Traditional Christmas tree tradition also started from Germany.
28.There are 1500 different beers in Germany.
29. Chancellor Angela Merkel has a Barbie Doll, which was made after him.
30. The Toilet paper of Germany is as much as the softness and stability of the paper towel.
31. Most taxis in Germany are Mercedes.
32. Denying any thing is considered a crime in 17 countries, including Germany and Austria.
33. There are more than 150 castles in Germany.
34. The world’s smallest road is in retails. It is only 31 centimeters (1 feet) wide.
35. The prisoner who tries to escape from jail in Germany is not punished with any kind of punishment, because according to German law it is a natural behavior of man.
Referenced by: – Wikipedia